According to the write-up in the September 1970 issue of THE DIAPASON of Andover's work: The organ was originally to the exact specification of Dr. Eugene Thayer (1838-99) for his studio. After using the organ for about three years, Dr. Thayer sold the organ to a religious society which occupied the old Boson Music Hall. The organ was later offered for sale and obtained for North Church by Samuel B. Whitney, a noted organist and native of Woodstock. No tonal changes were made by Andover. The unusual practice of having two names (German and English) on the stopknobs was to help students in registering both the German and English repertoires. The dedication recital was played by David Pizzaro in March 1970.
The organ studio of Eugene Thayer was in the Odd Fellows Building, Tremont & Berkeley Streets, Boston, Mass.
Purchased in 1881 for $1500 by North Parish Universalist Church, Woodstock, Vermont. Restored Andover #R-107 1968. Restored A. David Moore, Inc., in 2007.