First Presbyterian Church
Hornellsville [now Hornell], NY US
Organ ID: 67933
According to the contract dated June 19, 1894, the organ cost $2,500 and was to be installed on or before October 15, 1894. The organ was powered by a water motor with a measured street pressure of 73 pounds. Signing on behalf of the church were D.D. Babcock, Chairman; W. H. Van Duser, Secretary; R. M. Tuttle, Treasurer. The specification page was a copy of the catalog page for Style 30. At the time of the organ's installation, the town was formerly known as Hornellsville, a major junction on the Erie-Lackawanna railroad and site of their locomotive works- the largest such building in the country. The church is now known as the United Presbyterian Church, with Aeolian-Skinner Op. 984, 1938, an original installation and an entirely new instrument which presumably replaced the Odell.