Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Hinners Organ Co. (1906)

Location:

St. John's Swedish Evang. Lutheran Church
Stamford, CT US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 67954

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider, Information unknown or not applicable
  • 5 ranks. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 5 stops.
Manual (Expressive):
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Built by Hinners Organ Co.
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.

Pedal:
  • Built by Hinners Organ Co.
We received the most recent update for this division from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.
Main:
  • Built by Hinners Organ Co.
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 5
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
We received the most recent update for this console from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.
Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021:

From the History page of the parish website, "In 1892, land was purchased on St. John’s Place. The cornerstone was laid on January 1, 1894, and dedication of the building was on December 12, 1897. A pipe organ was installed in 1906; half of the $581 total cost was donated by Andrew Carnegie."

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.

Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021:

Identified from the Ed Boadway Hinners Opus List.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on April 04, 2021.

Instrument Images:

Church exterior: Photograph from an archival source: History page of parish website, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. ca. 1906

Pipe Organs in Connecticut sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 104 times.