The Haskel organ contract was announced in the Courier-Post (Camden, NJ) 16 June 1917: "The contract for providing and installing a magnificent new pipe organ for Trinity M.E. Church, Broadway and Emerald street, has been awarded to the Haskell Organ Co. The cost of the organ is $2000, and will be installed by September."
The former Fillmore Street Methodist Episcopal church moved to Broadway in 1889, adopting the new name of Trimity M.E. Church. At its former location on Fillmore Street, an organ of unknown origin was installed according to a church history published in 1909: "During his pastorate [Rev. John Y. Dobbins] he desired to have an organ placed in the church, and it is scarcely possible at this day of elaborate musical services to conceive the opposition and amazement with which this proposition was received by some of the official members of the young organization, they thought that an organ was quite a fit furnishing for a hall or a saloon, but not for a church.
However after much opposition and the exercise of great tact and judgment, an organ was secured and placed in the church. "
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.