The First Universalist Church at 140 Main in South Acton and at the intersection ofMain Street and Central Street was designed by the Boston architectural firm of Oberand Rand in 1877 in the Stick Style, a late 19th century Victorian style of architectureand the only one of this style in South Acton. George Wood of Concord was thebuilder with construction being completed in 1878.
This organ was built for the Universalist Church at So. Acton, Massachusetts, at a cost of $1,400.00 and was installed in 1877 by employees of the builder, Wm. B. D. Simmons of Boston,. who died in October, 1876, aged 53.
Subsequent to vandalism perpetrated after the church closed, the organ was removed in 1971 by Alan Lau/man and Christopher Capers; relocated through the Organ Clearing House, it is to be rebuilt for Sacred Heart Church, Danville, Virginia. One manual, nine ranks, mechanical action. Case alteration designed and drawn by Donald Olson. -- information from Culver Mowers ad in 1979 OHS Handbook and Acton, Massachusetts history web page