It is a small instrument, originally only eight ranks of pipes, but it is beautifully voiced and fills the church with sound very adequately. Mr. Haskell constructed the console, the wind-chests and reservoir and other parts at that time, but seven of the original ranks of pipes appear to date from sometime around the Civil War, probably from a much older tracker organ. It was not uncommon at that time to reuse old pipework if it was in good condition.
In 1949 a gift of $1000 made restoration of the Pedal 16′ Bourbon possible. In 1976, due to another gift, a 4′ Octave was added to the Great division. New cables were also installed between the console and the wind-chests.
By Spring 2012, A new parishioner with organ background joined St. Paul’s and proceeded to replace the console interior with new slide switches for the couplers and all new key and pedal contacts. The stop board was reconfigured to add new stop and coupler tabs and arrange the stop tabs in a more modern arrangement. A new windchest was built for the 4′ Octave allowing all the pipes to be placed together. The pipes of gray spotted metal were painted gold to match the rest of the facade. New Meidinger Blower Was Installed In 2014. In January of 2019, an 8″ Trumpet was added to the Great division which will eventually play on the Swell and Pedal. Future plans for the addition of a 2 2/3′ Twelfth and a 2′ Fifteenth to the Great, an 8′ Voix Celeste t.c. and a 2′ Spitzprincipal to the Swell and an 8′ Bourdon to the Pedal. -- From church website
This is a rebuild of an existing organ. Identified by steven bartley, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- Organ installed in an alcove at the right of the chancel. A pipe facade faces the chancel. Console is in the church to the right of the chancel. The chests are slider stop actions with electro -pneumatic pull downs built into pallet box. Gt = 4 stops, Sw= 4 stops, Pd = 1 stop. A small early 20th century console, with the Haskell nameplate is in use, and appears to have been a tubular key/stop action. The actions have been fitted with electric chest magnets. In the 1960s or 70s, a 4 Gt Principal was added on a unit chest in front of the facade pipes. The pipe work, except for the newer Principal, is a mix of very early pipes (1850s-60s) and late 19th/early 20th century pipes. Stopped Diapason & Melodia bass pipes have unusual slanted mouth & block. The original reservoir is in use, though the feeders have been removed. The facade has 15 speaking Diapason pipes, and about 15 dummies. C1 & C#1 are in the chamber and are of open wood. The Swell Open Diapason and Salicional bottom 12 pipes are of open wood. -- Note transferred (unedited) from ORGAN ID 54046