Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Barger and Nix (1985)

Originally M. P. Möller (Opus 8400, 1952)

Location:

Christ Episcopal Church
607 E Main St.
Albertville, AL 35950 US
Organ ID: 69376

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • 4 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 4 stops.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 4
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
We received the most recent update for this console from Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021.
Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021:

The organ was originally installed at Pattillo Memorial Methodist Church, Decatur, Georgia, in 1952; it was relocated temporarily to a residence in Macon, Georgia, where a re-installation never happened; it was removed by Barger & Nix in the late 1970's and installed at the East Ridge Assembly of God in Chattanooga, Tennessee; it was removed from there to storage at Barger & Nix and eventually relocated to Christ Episcopal Church in Albertville; it was damaged and the church nearly destroyed by a tornado on April 24, 2010; the organ was rebuilt by Barger & Nix and reinstalled in 2012 in the virtually new church.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021.

Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021:

The organ was originally installed at Pattillo Memorial Methodist Church, Decatur, Georgia, in 1952; it was relocated temporarily to a residence in Macon, Georgia, where a re-installation never happened; it was removed by Barger & Nix in the late 1970's and installed at the East Ridge Assembly of God in Chattanooga, Tennessee; it was removed from there to storage at Barger & Nix and eventually relocated to Christ Episcopal Church in Albertville; it was damaged and the church nearly destroyed by a tornado on April 24, 2010; the organ was rebuilt by Barger & Nix and reinstalled in 2012 in the virtually new church.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jeff Scofield on October 14, 2021.

Instrument Images:

Damaged organ after tornado: Photograph by Barger & Nix, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken approx. April 2012

Church exterior after tornado: Photograph by via Barger & Nix, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken approx. April 2012

This instrument has been viewed 78 times.