The original contract, dated April 23, 1908, provided details, a filled form page with details of construction, a five year warranty and promise of installation before four months from date of signing of the contract. The cost was $1500. Signed by Charles E. Haskell and representatives and witnesses of the church, May 8, 1908. (See documents tab)
On September 16, 1926, there was correspondence with "Edgar Rodeau, Church Organ Builder, Westmont Heights, N.J." regarding repairs to the water motor in which Mr. Rodeau informs the church that these motors haven't been used in 10 years and would not be repairable, nor would the water pressure at the church be sufficient to pump the organ. A new electric blower and motor were offered for $300.
By 1947, the church was obtaining quotes to move the organ from the rear of the church to new chambers to be built behind the pulpit at the front of the church, 8 feet above said pulpit. One proposal, from Frank Brown (according to his letterhead, successor to John Brown) of Wilmington Delaware, suggested that since there was greater desire to have fine concert organists play concerts on organs these days, when the organ was moved and electrified it woul dbe a good ides to add a few stops to the organ to make it sufficient for concert purposes.
A proposal dated, July 23, 1947, suggests the addition of the following stops: 8' Aeoline to Swell organ, a soft string stop...$450 16' Bourdon to Swell organ (from tenor C)...$370 8' Gamba to Great organ, loud string...$475 16' Lieblich Gedeckt to Pedal organ (soft)...$350 Not exactly the upgrades one would expect!
-- information from materials provided by Jake Darmstadter