From the NYC AGO NYC Organ Project: When the present chancel was built in 1894, the existing 1862 Henry Erben organ "was removed from the gallery, rebuilt, and placed on the left [sic] side of the chancel. The drawing at the right shows that the organ was installed in a chamber on the right or north side of the chancel and had façades in the chancel and aisle.
Concert organist Lynnwood Farnam recorded the following specification of an "Old Nameless Organ" at St. George's Church. The inclusion of On & Off pistons for the Swell to Great coupler suggests that the organ may have been rebuilt by a New York City firm, possibly J.H. & C.S. Odell, George Jardine & Son, Reuben Midmer & Sons, or Thomas H. Wood.
Church interior and organ case: Photograph from an archival source: NYC AGO NYC Organ Project, submitted by Jeff Scofield.