According to the contract, the cost of the organ was $2,000.
Originally known as St. John's Presbyterian Church, at Church Union the Presbyterian Church merged with the Methodist Church congregation in Grimsby, retaining the 1889 Presbyterian Church building. The contract mentions that the case was made of quarter cut oak, "finely finished, speaking front pipes, plain gold." The organ was electrified by the Lye Organ Company circa 1946. The fate of this organ is unknown, as an electronic organ was installed when a new sanctuary was built in 1958 adjacent to the original building, which was converted into a church hall.
Church exterior: Photograph from an archival source: St. Catharines Public Library, Historical Images Collection, submitted by Andrew Henderson. Taken approx. circa 1908