Updated by Matthew M. Bellocchio, who maintains the organ.
On January 11, 2017 the organ was officially designated a National Historic Landmark by the U.S. Secretary of the Interior. It is the first pipe organ to receive this designation. Press release: https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/interior-department-announces-24-new-national-historic-landmarks
Updated through online information from John Walthausen. -- n.b. the second principal 4 on the great which was changed to a salicional in the 19th century has since been changed back to a principal by Andover.
Updated through online information from Stephen Hall. -- Organ is played regularly in series of summer concerts (the village website lists five events featuring the organ in summer 2008). The village has applied for National Landmark status for the auditorium. (article in Schenectady "Daily Gazette" dated June 26, 2008)
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Originally a G-compass organ. Converted to C-compass by Levi U. Stuart in 1868. Original Great 4' 2nd Principal later replaced with with an 8' string. This tonal change reversed by Andover Organ Co. with a used Ferris 4' Octave in 1988. 5-sectional facade with 23 gold-painted pipes arranged: 5-3-7-3-5. Drawknobs arranged in cruciform layout on each side of the manuals.
Featured organ, OHS 2006
From Calvary Episcopal, NYC, 4th Ave. & 21st St., New York, NY. Altered by Levi U. Stuart 1868. Moved here and rebuilt by Giles Beach in 1888. Historic Organs Recital 26 Jul 1987.