In 1956, under the supervision of the church's organist, Robert J. Phillips, the [Johnson] organ was electrified by the Williams Organ Co. of Swampscott, MA. The central part of the gallery was extended to accommodate a detached electric console. During the electrification, three of the Johnson stops (Great 4' Flauto Traverso and 2⅔' Twelfth; Swell 8' Quintadena) were replaced. The organ was augmented with the pipes and windchests from a 22-rank, 1910 Aeolian residence organ, Op. 1131, originally built for Edwin G. Crossett in Wianno (Cape Cod), MA. The enlarged organ, now virtually doubled in size, became, once again, the largest church organ in Taunton. To accommodate these additions, the wooden wall behind the organ was removed and the chamber was extended back into the tower. Unfortunately, this deepening of the chamber trapped much of the organ's sound, decreasing its projection into the church.