Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Geo. S. Hutchings (& Co.) (1892)

Location:

Beckwith Memorial Presbyterian Church
Fairmount (E. 107th) Street and Deering Avenue SE
Cleveland, OH 44106 US
Organ ID: 71536

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is not playable.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on August 11, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • 19 ranks.
Paul R. Marchesano on August 11, 2022:

Beckwith Memorial first owned a Geo. S. Hutchings organ of two manuals and 19 ranks from 1892, which they retained until the merger with Euclid in 1911 into the present building.

Covenant Presbyterian results from two mergers of three congregations: the 1906 union of Euclid Avenue Presbyterian and Beckwith Memorial Presbyterian, retaining the Euclid Avenue name, and then in 1920, the joining with Second Presbyterian Church, at which time the united congregation adopted the present name. -- 2009 OHS Atlas

We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano on August 11, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Church Exterior, later used as Case Club Building, included gymnasium, swimming pool, bowling alley, dining room, offices : Photograph from an archival source: Case Western Reserve University digital archives, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. 1913

This instrument has been viewed 29 times.