Unknown Builder (1960)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1930's)

Location:

University of Florida
Gainesville, FL US
Building R - Room 136
Organ ID: 71904

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Colleges and Universities
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on October 07, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • 4 ranks.
Jim Stettner on October 07, 2022:

This entry represents the relocating of an existing organ to a new location for the same owner. According to the School of Music website, "In 1960, it was realized that the needs of the Department of Music for organ practice space could not be met if the instrument remained in a location also used for committee meetings, movies, etc. The organ was, therefore, moved to Building “R” during the Thanksgiving holidays and set up in practice room 136."

It further states, "In 1966, the organ was completely overhauled and rebuilt by John Harold Murphy Pipe Organs of St. Petersburg, FL, a subsidiary of the Reuter Organ Company."

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on October 07, 2022.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 84 times.