The parish was originally known as Sacred Heart of Mary when established in 1866; when the present church was built in 1928, the name changed to Most Pure Heart of Mary.
Information recieved from Barb Studer, parish business administrator, on 3/21/23: "An organ recital by Henry F. Seibert of New York City introduced the new organ on February 1, 1928."
She also relayed that it is unknown what became of the 1903 Votteler-Holtkamp-Sparling organ that was in the previous church building that was demolished for the construction of the present building.
Articles in the 31 Aug 1971 and 26 Dec 1974 issues of the Mansfield (OH) News-Journal show that the organ was releathered by members of the congregation, with "final installation work being done by Rudy Sepelnic, who had worked on the original installation."
Church exterior: Photograph by Kyle Ray/Churches of Ohio, submitted by Thurlow B. Weed. Taken on 2023-02-08
Church interior: Photograph by Kyle Ray/Churches of Ohio, submitted by Thurlow B. Weed. Taken on 2023-02-08
Organ in balcony: Photograph by Kyle Ray/Churches of Ohio, submitted by Thurlow B. Weed. Taken on 2023-02-08