Emil Hammer (1969)

Location:

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
1615 Morse Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95864 US
Organ ID: 743

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 11 ranks. 524 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 9 stops. 9 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 9
  • Registers: 9
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: No enclosed divisions.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on January 22, 2008:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Oak casework in natural finish. 4-sectional facade with 28 pipes arranged: 4-8-8-8. Organ built as a demonstration organ for the Reuter factory. It was sold to Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd in 1970, and installed there in May by Richard Bond under a sub-contract with Justin Kramer. This is one of four instruments built during the Hammer-Reuter collaboration.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ Case: Photograph by Paul Dessau (2017).

This instrument has been viewed 697 times.