First Reformed Church / Salvation Army
4 East 9th Street
Holland, MI 49423 US
Organ ID: 7430
The building housed First Reformed Church until 1962 when the congregation relocated and bought a new Casavant organ. The Salvation Army used the building until it was torn down in January 1994. The organ was electrified an an unknown time, and some time prior to 1950, the stenciled facade pipes were repainted a solid color. The organ was purchased ca. 1994 by two families from Highland Park Baptist Church in Southfield, Michigan, for $4,000, so it could be installed in a church in Russia. It was restored by Helderup Pipe Organs and installed in Bezchitsa Baptist Church in Bryansk, Russia. Since the Russian church didn't meet electrical codes for the windblower, the organ was converted back to its original mechanical state. Source of information: The Holland Sentinel (November 1, 2004) and the 150th Anniversary Book of First Reformed Church.
Sold to Bryansk, Russia by Richard Helderup, Bloomfield Hills, MI c. 1997.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.