According to the Morning Post (Camden), 16 & 23 Sept 1904, the 3-manual organ contained 2000 pipes, Haskell patented tubular pneumatic action and patented stop keys resembling a keyboard. Dedicated September 22, 1904. "The decorations of the organ are decidedly handsome, the colors and woodwork harmonizing pleasingly with the color scheme of the audience room."
"Extensive repairs and improvements are being made on the organ at First Methodist Church, the approximate cost of which may exceed $3,400. The instrument is a three manual Haskell organ and the repairs are being made by the Bartholomay Company of Philadelphia." -- Courier-Post (Camden, New Jersey) · 17 Jul 1924, Thu · Page 10
The building was razed in 2005 to make room for a parking garage for Cooper Hospital.
Not used since 1969 (church closed in 1969). The building was purchased and was maintained by Cooper University Medical Center.
Haskell stopkeys; wooden oboe & saxophone. Electrified in 1920's by Bartholomay. Rebuilt again in 1937 by Jacob Gerger & Son, Philadelphia. Swell Vox Humana replaced a 2' Flageolet from the 1920 rebuild. [Church previously had an 1867, II/22 rk J. C. B. Standbridge organ which was moved to this building in c. 1896, then sold to a minister in Denver, CO in 1904.] Great division destroyed when ceiling collapsed. Remainder relocated to St. Mary Magdalen R. C., Millville, NJ. The Tracker, 42:3:9 indicates that it was originally tubular pneumatic.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.