Updated through online information from Scot Huntington. -- See the database entry for the 1854 A. Andrews in the Universalist Church in Perry, New York- which with the possible exception of the Trumpet and the question of the pedal compass, is a physically identical organ to this instrument in all other regards. The nameplate for this organ, (the rebuilt remains of which are extant in the South Kent School, South Kent, Connecticut), is the typical silver "A. Andrews Utica" nameplate of the firm used from 1852 onwards, and like other similar nameplates from mid-late 1850s Andrews organs, which were perhaps taken from a stock supply or altered later, has "and Son" [the corporate name from 1854-1862] scribed in small letters in the upper right corner. This could perhaps indicate subsequent work, or even a relocation by Alvinza or George Andrews to another location prior to its 1903 C.E. Morey relocation to the Masonic Hall in Newark, New York. While a newspaper article dated some time prior to installation indicates the organ was expected to be installed by Christmas (1851), Stephen Pinel in his book "Organbuilding Along the Erie and Chenango Canals" dates this organ to 1852.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Bldg. consecrated 19 Nov 1851. Mr. Andrews . . . is building an organ . . . in the church by Christmas. Relocated in 1903 to the Masonic Temple, Newark, NY. [May have had an interim location, as Calvary installed a 3m. J. G. Marklove op. 93 about 1870.]We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.