Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Bennett Organ Co. (Opus 245, 1910)

Originally Wm. A. Johnson (Opus 240, 1867)

Location:

Christ Episcopal Church
7th & Francis
St. Joseph, MO 64501 US
Organ ID: 8441

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 33 ranks. 4 divisions. 3 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on January 11, 2010:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on September 19, 2005:

Online update from David Lewis -- Correct Johnson Opus is "240". The organ was rechested by Temple in 1986 using their own design.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Builder's Nameplate: Bennett Organ Co.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Wm. A. Johnson (1867, Opus 224), moved here in 1896.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Rebuilt and enlarged on new chests. Austin console installed c. 1946. Chests releathered by Charles McManis in 1970. Rebuilt by Temple Organ Co. in 1986.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Front of church with organ cases: Photograph by Tom C. Taylor. Taken on 1979-11-22

Right organ case (Michael Way seated): Photograph by Tom C. Taylor. Taken on 1979-11-22

Name Plate: Photograph by David Lewis. Taken on 2007-08-09

This instrument has been viewed 610 times.