Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

C. B. Fisk, Inc. (1964)

Originally E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 244, 1859)
Exhibited in the 2005 OHS convention

Location:

Centre-Trinity Methodist Church
437 County Street
New Bedford, MA 02740 US
Organ ID: 8533

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on May 25, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 33 ranks. 1,585 pipes. 2 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was E. & G. G. Hook (1859, Opus244).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Was Elm St. Methodist [or moved from?]

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
2005 OHS Handbook: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Paul R. Marchesano on May 25, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Organ in rear gallery: Photograph from an archival source: 2005 OHS Handbook, William T. Van Pelt, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken on 2004-05-10

Pipe Organs in Massachusetts sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 546 times.