Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 143, 1901)

Location:

St. Michael's Catholic Church
P. O. Box 339
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0 CA
Organ ID: 8699

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 8 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 8 stops. 9 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 8
  • Registers: 9
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 07, 2017:

Updated through information in Casavant documents, courtesy of Simon Couture and Denis Blaine. The cost was $1,582.00.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on February 07, 2014:

Updated through online information from Margaret Robb. -- This organ is of historic importance because it was the first one in the North West Territories and installed in 1901 in the original church. When the church was rebuilt in 1979, the organ was restored and remains in continual use.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1996

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Donated by Lady Clorinde Routhier, wife of composer of O Canada. Moved to new bldg. 1966 by Robert Blanchard of Calgary.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist courtesy of the Casavant Frères Archives
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 250 times.