Updated through online information from Gerald J Curcio. -- The organ is still in its original state including all the mechanisms associated with the Austin Universal Chest system. Many of the pneumatics no longer work because of the deteriorated leather.
Much of the chest and console mechanism is out of adjustment to the extent that the instrument, until recently, has been unplayable. The Catholic Church has authorized restoration of the instrument to its original state.
Currently, repairs have returned the organ to a playable condition with much remaining to be completed.
Status Note: There 1997
Chapel formerly called Chapel of Our Merciful Saviour. Gt. 4' Gemshorn replaced by a stopped wood 4' flute as of 1998.
Status Note: There 1998
Originally Oakes Home (Episcopalian) for tuberculosis patients which closed in 1941. Sold in 1943 to RC order of nuns and operated as a home for the elderly. The chapel was originally known as Chapel of Our Merciful Savior, but was renamed when the property was transferred. Gt. 4' Gemshorn now replaced by a stopped wood 4' Flute.