The proposal from Æolian- Votey (a corporate name chosen in 1927 to revivify the company's image outside the residence market) was dated January 23, 1930. The contract, dated Apri 11, 1930, was received at Garwood, New Jersey on April 18 of that year; the organ was ready for shipping on August 4. While the proposal quoted a cost of $7,500 with no mention of a player, the organ ended up costing $10,000 and included a Duo-Art player. Dean Ames signed the contract for the Divinity House.
The organ was installed in time for the dedication of the chapel. The two-manual, nine-rank organ of electro-pneumatic action is entirely enclosed in one box in the rear balcony of the chapel. Between the expression chamber shades and the facade of oak tracery and bronze cloth is a thin wall of corkboard, apparently to "refine" the sound of the organ. The console of white oak, with tilting tablets placed in stop jambs, is at the left end of the facade. -- 2002 OHS Handbook
Updated through on-line information from Connor Annable.
Status Note: There 2002.
"Cost, $10,000 with Duo-Art player. Vacuum action for console mechanisms. Console player spoolbox removed."