Updated by Rick Morel, the builder.
The Lyon & Healy organ is presently (2017) in storage at Morel & Associates shop in Denver while the church is being remodeled. The current location will become the main entrance to the sanctuary and the organ will be re-installed in a new elevated choir loft when the project is complete in early 2018. A couple of notes about the organ's earlier history; The organ was temporarily installed in the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Denver from 1993 to 1995, while the Cathedral's Kimball organ was being renovated. At that time, the Swell Viola was replaced with a 2' Fifteenth at the request of Cathedral Organ consultant, Allen Hobbs. The rector at St. Mary's Aspen, heard the organ at the Cathedral, and St. Mary's purchased the organ following completion of the Cathedral Kimball in 1996. The organ was moved to Aspen with the only changes being the relocation of the Pedal Bourdon to provide better access to the Swell for tuning, and a new, one horsepower Ventus blower to compensate for Aspen's 8500 ft. altitude. The feeders and reservoir were also releathered at that time.
Updated through online information from Jon Busch. -- The two outermost side panels are dummy pipes. The bellows can still be pumped by hand.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.
The original builder was Lyon & Healy (1905, Opus 194).
Status Note: There 1999
(Old Op. 1448) From Good Shepherd Congregational, Albuquerque, NM. On loan from Morel & Assoc. since 1986-c. 1990 to St. Dominic's R. C., 29th & Federal Blvd., Denver Co. . Moved here c. 1996 [by Morel?] Bourdon moved from the back of the Swell box (where it was in the way) to the back wall (still tracker) where it probably was originally. Bellows can still be manually operated.