Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Mutchler Organ Co. (1982)

Originally Hinners Organ Co. (1905)

Location:

Beaverdam Reformed Church
4368 - 72nd Ave.
Zeeland, MI 49464 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 9527

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: EP pitman
  • 14 ranks. 812 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 17 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): EP pitman chests
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 17
  • Position: Console in fixed position, left.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 17, 2009:

Updated through on-line information from Chad Boorsma -- Original Hinners Organ was failing mechanically, so the church decided to rebuild the organ as an electro-pneumatic instrument. Mutchler did the work from 1980-1982 and added five ranks of pipes (8' Oboe & 8' Vox Celeste on the Swell, 2' Octave & 2 2/3' Twelfth on the Great, and a rank of Principal pipes on the Pedal). All Hinners pipes were retained including the beautiful facade pipes. The organ was relocated to the church's new facility in 2001 by Bill Swem.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on August 14, 2008:

Updated through on-line information from Chad Boorsma -- Exposed pipes are painted and include stencil work from the 1905 original installation by the Hinners Organ Company.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Hinners Organ Co. (1905).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1981

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Rebuilt and enlargement.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from historical research
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Sanctuary interior and organ: Image from the church 1988 picture directory; courtesy of Chad Boorsma. Taken on 1987-12-01

Console and sanctuary interior: Image from the church 1988 picture directory; courtesy of Chad Boorsma. Taken on 1987-12-01

This instrument has been viewed 404 times.