Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Hook & Hastings (Opus 1126, 1883)

Location:

St. John's Presbyterian Church / Second Presbyterian Church
1307 E Elm Street
New Albany, IN 47150 US
Organ ID: 9590

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on January 13, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 20 ranks. 1,098 pipes. 2 manuals. 18 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 18
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Was Second Presbyterian, then Hutchinson Memorial Presbyterian. Moved into new building in 1889. Rebuilt in 1942 by Aeolian-Skinner using case and some pipework. Compass 58/27.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Organs of the "Town Clock" Church: Open In New Tab Sidebar article from 1993 OHS Handbook
Document created on 1993-07-18
We received the most recent update for this document from Paul R. Marchesano on January 13, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Organ as it appeared in c. 1900 at Second Presbyterian Church: Photograph from an archival source: 1993 OHS Handbook, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. c. 1900

This instrument has been viewed 368 times.