Portland, Oregon
St. Paul's Lutheran Church / Buddhist Daihonzan Henjyoji Temple

HINNERS ORGAN CO., Opus ____, 1910 - Original Specifications


GREAT                                        COUPLERS (D-K; over Sw. Keys; l-r)
   8  Open Diapason                 61          Gr. to Ped. Coupler
   8  Melodia                       61          Sw. to Ped. Coupler
   8  Dulciana                      61
   4  Principal                     61          Sw. to Gr. Coupler
                                                Sw. Oct. to Gr. Coupler

SWELL (Expressive)
   8  Violin Diapason               61       FOOT LEVERS
   8  Lieblich Gedackt              61          Piano – Sw: 8' L.G., 8' Sal.  (d-a)
   8  Salicional                    61                  Gt: 8' Mel., 8' Dul.
   4  Flute Dolce                   61
      Sw. Tremulant                             Forte – Sw: 8, 8, 8, 4       [full]
                                                        Gt: 8, 8, 8, 4       [full]
                                                        Ped: 16 Bourdon
PEDAL
   16 Bourdon                       30
                                             PEDAL MOVEMENTS
                                                Swell Expression             (bal.)


ACTION: Mech. Key & Stop      VOICES: 9      STOPS: 9      RANKS: 9      PIPES: 506


NOTES
The organ is free-standing and encased with an attached keydesk. The cover lifts to form
a music rack. Stops are in terraced jambs on either side of the manuals. Coupler are as
drawknobs over the Swell keys as is the Swell Tremulant.

The case is of quarter-sawn oak. There are 27 gold-painted pipes en facade. 25 of the 27
pipes are speaking pipes from the Great 8' Open Diapason. The 8' Dulciana has its own
stopped wood bass.

On the Swell, the bottom octave of the 8' Violin Diapason are on an offset toeboard
outside the back of the Swellbox and in front of the Pedal 16' Bourdon. The 8' Salicional
is grooved to the 8' Lieblich Gedackt for the bottom 12 notes.

The pump handle and feeders are intact and operable, as is the Ross water motor which was
added after the original installation. The valve for the water motor has been turned-off.

After St. Paul's moved to a new location and a new building, they sold this edifice with
the organ to a Buddhist temple.

Sources: JRS; extant organ


St. Paul Lutheran Church
2634 SW 12th (@ Clinton)
Portland,  OR.  97202                        Documented: February 26, 1990

		
View Full Instrument Details