Arnot, Pennsylvania
Arnot Presbyterian / Arnot Community Church

WILLIAM KING, 1878 - Original Specifications
Unknown Builder, 1912 - Installation Used. Unaltered.


GREAT                                        COUPLERS (Drawknob) 
   8  Open Diapason  (1-13 façade)  58          Swell to Pedal
   8  Dulciana                (tc)  46          Great to Pedal
   8  Melodia                 (tc)  46
   8  Stop. Diap. Bass              12          Swell to Great
   4  Octave                        58

                                             PEDAL MOVEMENTS
SWELL (Expressive)                              Swell Expression             (bal.)
   8  Keraulophon             (tc)  46
   8  Stop. Diap. Treble      (tc)  46
   8  Stop. Diap. Bass              12
   4  Wald Flute                    58
      Tremolo


PEDAL 
   16 Bourdon                       27

      Wind


ACTION: Mech. Key & Stop      VOICES: 8      STOPS: 10      RANKS: 8      PIPES: 409


NOTES
The original home of this organ was First Presbyterian Church in Wellsboro, PA.
When they got a new Moller in 1912, the King was relocated to Arnot.

The organ is free-standing and encased at the front of the sanctuary. The 3-
sectional façade contains 25 pipes arranged: 5-15-5. The pipes had been painted
white with gold at the top. But formerly visible Pedal 16' Bourdon pipes reveal
that the organ once may have had colorfully stenciled pipes. The first 13 pipes
of the Great 8' Open Diapason are en façade. The keydesk has a folding cover 
which lifts to form a music rack. Stop controls are drawknobs in terraced jambs
on either side of the manuals.

The organ had been unplayable for many years. The blower disappeared. The Great
pipework showed signs of damage from a ceiling collapse and rough handling, 
though the Swell pipework looked immaculate. The original double-rise regulator
had been removed in 1957. The church could not fund its restoration and had plans
to literally throw-out the organ. It had to be removed by Saturday April 20th.

Joe Peckham who lives regionally notified organ builder Joe Granger of Lansing, Michigan who was able to get a deadline extension for removal. He drove to Arnot,
PA. with associate Travis Tenwalde, and removed the organ on April 24 & 25, 2019.

Only one stop face and three pipes were found to be missing. The organ will be
returned to Michigan and stored pending restoration.

Sources: Joe Granger Facebook page and photos


Arnot Community Church
70 Church St.
Arnot, PA. 16911                             Documented: April 24 & 25, 2019
View Full Instrument Details