Lawrence, Massachusetts
Christ Presbyterian Church

WILLIAM A. JOHNSON, Opus 389, 1873 - Orig. Specifications
Hall Organ Co. (1909) - Reinstallation of Used Johnson


GREAT                                        COUPLERS (Drawknob)
8   Open Diapason                58          Swell to Pedal
8   Melodia                      58          Great to Pedal
8   Dulciana                     58
4   Octave                       58          Swell to Great
4   Flute d'Amour                58
3   Twelfth                      58
2   Fifteenth                    58          FOOT TRUNDLES
                                             Great Piano – 8' Mel., 8' Dulc.

SWELL (Expressive)                           Great Forte -  8, 8, 8, 4, 4, 3, 2.
8   Open Diapason                58
8   Stopped Diapason             58
8   Keraulophon                  58          PEDAL MOVEMENTS
4   Flute Harmonique             58          Swell Expression              (bal.)
4   Fugara                       58
8   Hautbois                     58
    Tremolo                                  MISC. CONTROLS
                                             Bellows Signal

PEDAL
16  Sub Bass                     27

    Pedal Check


ACTION: Mech. Key      VOICES: 14      STOPS: 14      RANKS: 14      PIPES: 781
           & Stop

NOTES
The Johnson was originally built for the Congregational Church in Chester, CT.
It was replaced there in 1909 by a new pipe organ built by the Hall Organ Co.
Hall, in turn, sold the used Johnson to Christ Presbyterian in Lawrence and
installed it in 1909 for $1,449.64.

The organ was later electrifed by Estey and subsequently rebuilt.

Sources: Robert J. Reich files; The Johnson Organs book


Christ Presbyterian Church
96 E. Haverhill St.
Lawrence, Massachusetts
View Full Instrument Details