Lithuanian Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church
W.W. KIMBALL CO., KPO 6568, ca. 1916 - Original Specifications
GREAT (Expressive Except *) COUPLERS
8 Open Diapason (*) 61 Swell Unison 8' [to Pedal]
8 Clarabella 61 Great Unison 8' [to Pedal]
8 Dulciana 61
blank Swell Unison 8' [to Great]
Great Super 4'
8 Stopped Diapason 61
8 Gamba 61 TOE STUDS
4 Flute d'Amour 61 None
PEDAL Crescendo (bal.)
16 Bourdon 30
ACTION: Tub. Pneum. VOICES: 7 STOPS: 7 RANKS: 7 PIPES: 396
This church building was built as Garden Street Methodist Episcopal in 1855.
It was furnished in 1904 with a 2-manual, 14-rank Jesse Woodberry & Co.
tracker-action organ. In 1911 when Garden Street and First Methodist merged
to form Central Methodist at a new location, the Woodberry was moved along.
In 1916, the building was sold to a Lithuanian congregation and became the
Lithuanian National Catholic Church, also known as Sacred Heart of Jesus. The
Kimball organ is original to this congregation.
The organ is free-standing and encased. The facade has __ pipes stenciled in
blue and gold in a 5-sectional display arranged as : __-_-__-_-__ with three
flats separated by two towers. The facade pipes contain the Great 8' Open
Diapason which is the only non-expressive manual rank.
Sources: JRS; extant organ
Lithuanian Sacred Heart of Jesus Church
150 Garden Street
Lawrence, MA. 01841 Documented: December 14, 1989