Seattle, Washington
Zions Evangelische Lutheranische Kirche

Estey Organ Co., Opus 1028, 1912 - Original Specifications
__________________________________________________________

     GREAT                                         COUPLERS
Grt. 8' Open Diapason         61             Swell to Pedal
Grt. 8' Melodia               61             Great to Pedal
Grt. 8' Dulciana              61
                                             Swell to Great
                                             Swell to Great 8ves
     SWELL (Expressive)
Sw.  8' Stopped Diapason      61
Sw.  8' Salicional            61                  FINGER PISTONS
Sw.  4' Flute Harmonic        61             None
Sw.     Tremolo

                                                  TOE STUDS
     PEDAL ORGAN                             Rev.   [Gr. to Ped.]
Ped. 16' Bourdon              30

                                                  PEDAL MOVEMENTS
                                             Swell Expression          (bal.)


ACTION: T-P ventil     VOICES: 7     STOPS: 7     RANKS: 7     PIPES: 396


NOTES
This  parish was a German Lutheran congregation originally affiliated with the
Iowa Synod. After various Synod mergers it was affiliated with the American
Lutheran Church, and ultimately the E.L.C.A.

The organ was originally built for this location in downtown Seattle. It was
a 2-manual, 7-rank, free-standing, encased, tubular-pneumatic organ with an
attached keydesk. It was installed in the rear gallery. The first 17 pipes of
the Great 8' Open Diapason were painted gold and in the facade.

The organ was purchased as a memorial, and a plaque at the console reads:

                                   Gestiftet
                                      von
                             Frau KATHARINA HEMRICH
                                     1912
                                 Psalm 95, 1-2

The chimes were added in 1943, again as a memorial, and the plaque at the console reads:
                                    Chimes
                              Given in Memory of
                                WILLIAM H. MAY
                            by Mrs. William H. May
                              December 25, 1943

The chimes were likely played from their own separate keyboard since the Estey
was still tubular-pneumatic when they were added.

When the congregation moved from the old church to the present Wallingford loca-
tion, the organ was removed, electrified, and reinstalled by Balcom and Vaughan
with a new console, and placed entirely under expression in an elevated chamber
on the left side of the chancel. This work cost $3,447.90. All original Estey
chests and pipes were retained.

Sources: Estey opus list; JRS; extant pipes and windchests


Zions Evangelische Lutheranische Kirche
Stewart St. & Terry Ave.
Seattle, Washington


[Received from Steven E. Lawson  2018-06-06]
[Updated by James R. Stettner  2020-09-03]