Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Roche Organ Co. (Opus 24, 1980)

Originally George Jardine & Son (Opus 1257, 1899)

Location:

St. Thomas Episcopal Church
111 High Street, near Cohannet St.
Taunton, MA 02780 US
Organ ID: 1518

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on August 31, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 41 ranks. 2,284 pipes. 3 manuals. 36 stops.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Stops: 36
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on September 12, 2016:

Updated through online information from F. Robert Roche.
The 10-2/3' Quinte of the pedal is an original Jardine stop and is not borrowed from the 16' Bourdon.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on February 25, 2015:

Updated through online information from F. Robert Roche.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Geo. Jardine & Son (1899, Opus1257).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1996

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Originally tubular with Slider chests. Electrified by Clark & Fenton c. 1925. Minor changes were made in this rebuild, including the installation of a IV Rank Mixture, and a 1-3/5' =Seventeenth. The previously altered Swell III Rank Mixture was replaced with one closer to the original. A new Trombone stop was added. Consultant was Thomas Murray who did the re-dedication recital in October 1980. A Festival Trumpet was installed in 1983 at the rear of the church.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab From console, 7/13/14
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Stoplist: Open In New Tab Detailed stoplist from builder's ad, 1981 OHS Handbook
Document created on 1981-06-22
We received the most recent update for this document from Paul R. Marchesano on August 31, 2021.

Instrument Images:

Sanctuary Interior, Chancel, and Pipe Facades: Photograph by William T. Van Pelt. Taken on 2004-05-10

Sanctuary Interior, Chancel, and Pipe Facades: Photograph by William T. Van Pelt. Taken on 2004-05-10

Dedication Plaque: Photograph by William T. Van Pelt. Taken on 2004-05-10

Original Builder's Nameplate: Photograph by William T. Van Pelt. Taken on 2004-05-10

Church Exterior: Photograph by William T. Van Pelt. Taken on 2004-05-10

Pipe Organs in Massachusetts sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 954 times.