Updated through online information from Eric J. Gastier. -- According to a July 5, 1964 recital program by A. Richard Strauss (Ithaca organist and organ builder), "The organ was built in 1862 by Garrett House, Organbuilder of Buffalo, New York, for the First Presbyterian Church of Ithaca, New York. In 1878, the organ was replaced with a larger instrument and found a new home in the former State Street Methodist Church of Ithaca. It is believed to have been moved to the Methodist Church of Trumansburg at some time in the 1920's, where, about 1929, the original hand pumping mechanism was replaced by an electric blower. The instrument deteriorated sufficiently that some, years ago, it was shut off and replaced with an electronic substitute. During the past year," [1963-1964] "it has been restored by A Richard Strauss, Ithaca organbuilder." It was still playing in 1986. [Editor's Note: Work done on the organ in the 1920s might well have been done by Viner & Son, successors to House.]
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This is the congregation's second edifice. According to the "History" page of the church's website, the organ was built in 1862 for the First Presbyterian Church of Ithaca, NY. It was relocated to Trumansburg in the 1920s by an unknown person or firm. An electric blower was installed in 1929.
Status Note: There 1962.
Altered Strauss. T 5:1:3 shows this as an c. 1846 instrument. Most Sw. ranks are TC.