Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1900s)

Location:

St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church
Portland, OR US
Organ ID: 25654

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Ventil
  • 10 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 10 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Ventil chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Registers: 10
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Key Action: Tubular-pneumatic connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Tubular-pneumatic connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on March 18, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This organ was originally built for the Apollo Theatre In Everett, WA. The organ was free-standing and encased, and installed in the left corner of the rear gallery on a slightly inward angle. The case, keydesk, and bench were of quarter-sawn oak. The 3-sectional facade contained 21 gold-painted pipes arranged 4-13-4.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ in gallery: Photograph in Diocesan archives; digital image produced with permission by James R. Stettner.. Taken on 1908-04-14

Keydesk: Photograph in Diocesan archives; digital image produced with permission by James R. Stettner.. Taken on 1908-04-14

This instrument has been viewed 282 times.