Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Henry Erben (1855)

Location:

St. Luke's Episcopal Church
1050 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36693 US
Miles Chapel
Organ ID: 371

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been renovated with changes from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 6 ranks. 1 manuals. 7 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a floor-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Stops: 7
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 13
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, not in standard AGO position.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 08, 2007:

Updated through online information from Stephen Hall. -- Pedal does not have independent pipes, plays the bottom octave of the manual.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1997

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Built as stock model. Purchased 1856 by Trinity Episcopal, Mobile, AL. Moved to St. Andrew's Episcopal, Hayneville, AL c. 1901 Sold to R. Ronald Norwood 1960's. By 1968 in use in temporary building for this church. Moved into new building 1991 and restored by Patrick Murphy c. 1991. Compass 56/13.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Typed stoplist from the OHS PC Database.
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 380 times.