Hinners Organ Co. (Opus 2557, 1920 ca.)

Location:

St. John's Lutheran Church
16576N 4000 E Road
Anchor, IL 61720 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 52963

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on August 27, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 10 ranks. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 10 stops.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Built by Hinners Organ Co.
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 10
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Key Action: Tubular-pneumatic connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Tubular-pneumatic connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Jim Stettner on August 27, 2022.
Database Manager on June 27, 2016:

Updated through online information from Brian Simpsen.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on February 01, 2016:

Updated through online information from Brian Simpsen.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on July 28, 2014:

An original installation. Identified by David Harris, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- Rebuilt and converted to EP action by Higgens in 1952.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from the console July 17, 2013
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Jim Stettner on August 27, 2022.

Instrument Images:

Church exterior: Church archives via church website. Taken approx. ca. 1909

Sanctuary interior before 1920 organ: Photograph from an archival source: Vintage postcard, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. ca. 1910

Builder's nameplate: Photograph by Buzard Pipe Organ Builders, submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. 2012

This instrument has been viewed 508 times.