Updated through online information from John Santoianni. -- The original console is currently in the Biddle Music Building on Duke's East Campus.
Updated through online information from David Ritch. -- The organ was removed and completely reconditioned by Foley-Baker, Inc. All of the past alterations were documented and researched in order to return the organ to the original Aeolian scheme. However, the original four manual console was deemed beyond preservation and was replaced by a new one in a similar style, built by Richard Houghten. One new rank was added to the organ; the 8- Festival Trumpet. It was rededicated on February 8, 2009 as the Kathleen Upton Byrns McClendon Organ.
Antiphonal division was removed in 1975. Altered 1948 by Aeolian-Skinner. Restoration in 1993-2001 by Norman Ryan. 2001 specifications, 81 stops, 102 ranks.
G. Donald Harrison inspects a Pedal Mixture pipe: Photograph from an archival source: Unknown, submitted by John Santoianni. Taken approx. ca 1930's