A. B. Felgemaker Co. (1906ca.)

Location:

First Unitarian Church
Boylston Street
Seattle, WA US
Organ ID: 59538

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Unitarian, Universalist, Unitarian-Universalist
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 11 ranks. 2 manuals.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on September 19, 2016:

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ. Identified by James R. Stettner, using information from this web site: https://pauldorpat.com/2012/02/11/seattle-now-and-then-christian-scientists/.
This was the congregation's second church. According to pau dorpat's "Seattle: Now and Then," "Seattle-s first Unitarians dedicated their second sanctuary March 11, 1906. The Boylston Church, as it was called, seated 800 and had a hand-pumped pipe organ. It also had excellent acoustics." Later in the text it states, "The sanctuary was sold to Seventh Day Adventists in 1920, and the Adventists worshiped there until the structure was ruined by fire in 1963." This was Central Seventh-day Adventist. The Felgemaker was recorded by Balcom and Vaughan as having been sold to a church in Canada even before this fire, because Central SDA had a 3-manual Balcom and Vaughan at the time of the fire.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 165 times.