A. B. Felgemaker Co. (Opus 1154, 1915ca.)

Location:

St. Luke Lutheran Church
Marietta, OH US
Organ ID: 60393

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on July 16, 2017:

This entry describes an original installation of a new pipe organ.
Identified by J. A. Hefner, listing conversations with this person as the source of the information: Aaron M. Tellers (Tellers Organ Co.).
According to Aaron M. Tellers, ABF opus 1154 was at St. Luke Lutheran in Marietta, Ohio.
This [or the installation of a Möller soon thereafter] coincide with a 1917 renovation "during the pastorate of the Reverend Robert Vorberg. It was at this time that the beautiful wood carving of the Lord's Supper was installed and placed above the altar. Alois Lang of Oberammergau, Germany did this woodcarving" [High Street Methodist in Springfield, Ohio has another Lang carving].
http://www.saintlukeslutheran.org/site/cpage.asp?sec_id=180015421&cpage_id=180074703

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Instrument Images:

Church Exterior: Vintage Postcard, courtesy of T. Bradford Willis, DDS. Taken on 1910-06-12

This instrument has been viewed 326 times.