St. Francis [orphanage] was founded in the 1880s by the three Drexel sisters, Elizabeth Smith, Katharine (now St. Katharine) and Louise Morrell. Originally established as a trade school for dependent boys, it was private charity.
We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano
September 20, 2021.
St. Francis Vocational School in Eddington as it appeared in 1889. (Courtesy the Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Phila):
Photograph from an archival source: Catholic Historical Research Center of the Archdiocese of Phila, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano.
Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by: