Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1955 after)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1910)

Location:

First Presbyterian Church
114 SW 8th Street
Corvallis, OR 97333 US
Sanctuary; front
Organ ID: 69860

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ is no longer a complete instrument; dispersed/parted out.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jim Stettner on December 12, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • 3 divisions. 2 manuals.
Main:
  • Built by Unknown Builder
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
We received the most recent update for this console from Jim Stettner on December 12, 2021.
Jim Stettner on December 12, 2021:

This entry represents the electrification of the existing 1910 W.W. Kimball pipe organ. An archival church photograph shows the original organ extant in 1955, so the electrification took place after that. It is likely the electrification was done by the Guenther Organ Co., but this has not been verified. A new organ was installed in 1976 which retained 11-or-so ranks of the Kimball.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on December 12, 2021.

Instrument Images:

1974 photo showing original casework but with attached keydesk removed.: Photograph from an archival source: Parish website, "Our History", submitted by Jim Stettner. Taken approx. 1974

This instrument has been viewed 139 times.