Updated through on-line information from John Bishop. -- The organ was featured in 2000 OHS convention. The only builder's nameplate is E. & G.G. Hook. We use the word "restored" with care - no changes were made to the organ, but to ensure reliability new trackers were made (re-using original brass threaded wires). The original chest tables were retained - tables repairs made by routing cracks and inserting splints of like wood. The original hitch-down swell pedal and mechanism was retained. The two feeder bellows were releathered and retained. The organ can be hand pumped.
Relocated and restored by Bishop Organ Co.
The original builder was E. & G. G. Hook (1868, Opus 466).
Status Note: There 1996
Moved from First Parish Unitarian, Stoneham, MA. Moved through OCH with help from Follen church parishioners. Hitchdown Swell.