Organ removed from Carnegie Hall, Lewisburg, WV by Chris Nagorka and Joseph Marchio of Kanawha Organ Works in the summer of 1996. It was stored at the Walker Machinery warehouse for a year, and installed at Christ Church by K.O.W. in July 1997. At that time the original feeder bellows were stored at the church and a new blower installed. No other changes were made to the instrument.
Updated through on-line information from Brett Miller. -- The organ was once located in Carnegie Hall in Lewisburg, West Virginia where it was built in 1904. It was donated to Christ Church United Methodist in 1996, underwent extensive renovations, and was installed in 1997.
On Estey list as Lewisburg Female Institute which was later Greenbriar College. Cost $1,550. Originally hand pumped. Refurbished c. 1984 by William Fearnley. Relocated c. 1997 to Christ Methodist, Charleston, WV.