Richard Warburton
1980s

Originally Estey Organ Co. (Opus 1028, 1912)

Zion Lutheran / Gift of Grace Lutheran Church

Sanctuary

2102 40th St. N
Seattle, WA, US

8 Ranks - 457 Pipes
Instrument ID: 65253 ● Builder ID: 7498 ● Location ID: 56649
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.VIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Balcom and Vaughan
Position: Console in Fixed Position, Right
Design: Traditional With Roll Top
Pedalboard Type: Concave Radiating (Meeting AGO Standards)
Features:
2 Manuals (61 Notes)32 Note Pedal3 Divisions8 Stops8 RegistersElectrical Key ActionElectrical Stop Action✓ Crescendo

Stop Layout: Stop Keys Above Top Manual
Expression Type: Balanced Expression Shoes/Pedals (Meeting AGO Standards)
Combination Action: None
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Not Playable in this location

Jim Stettner on September 3rd, 2020:

The Estey was originally built for the German Lutheran Church at Terry & Stewart in downtown Seattle. It was removed, electrified, and reinstalled by Balcom and Vaughan without tonal changes and only electric primaries added to the original Estey ventil chests.

Richard Warburton made extensive tonal changes to the organ utilizing used pipework, and added an electro-mechanical chest to hold a 2' Flautina on the Great.

In 1993, the organ was de-piped, cleaned, failed chest pneumatics releathered, and the pressure
raised/restored as a gift by Jim Stettner and Michael Gagnon assisted by parishioners. This was done the day before a notable anniversary in which the bishop would be in attendance.

In 1997, with dwindling membership, the building was temporarily closed and reorganized as Gift of Grace Lutheran Church. Jim Stettner was called-in to examine the organ by a new Music Dir. and discuss the possibility of a movable console and tonal work. Later, he found the console cable severed and the console stored in a corner, and the pastor had made his office in the ante-room outside the organ chamber.

The present status and even presence of the organ is unknown.

Related Instrument Entries: Balcom and Vaughan (Opus 542, 1952) , Estey Organ Co. (Opus 1028, 1912)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society